Providing Footwear And Creating Smiles For People In Need
After leading Washington Shoe Company to its 125th year anniversary, Rob Moehring and his two sons, Mark and Karl, wanted to make an impact to celebrate this milestone, so they launched the Wear A Big Smile Foundation. Spearheaded by the foundation's president, Mark Moehring, creating smiles is exactly what they do.
Together, Mark and Karl pursue a common passion of helping people with the goal of giving back to the community. They know a good pair of boots can go a long way for someone in need.
Wear A Big Smile Events Gallery
We are committed to Sustainability.
Doing Our Part
Washington Shoe Company makes a continuous effort to lessen our environmental impact. At our corporate office in Renton, we are continually looking for new ways to ensure our office and distribution center stay GREEN.
- We recycle paper, plastic, glass, cans, batteries, packing materials, metal, ink cartridges, and even staples
- We make our own compost and use compostable options for disposable cutlery
- We utilize "green printing" techniques to reduce ink and paper wasting
- We use energy efficient lights in our office
- Single boot samples are donated to children’s organizations and reused for “boot planters” or other craft activities
Adopt-A-Street Cleanup Gallery
We are proud to have had a section of road we maintained through the City of Kent’s adopt-a-street program. Removing litter improves safety and the appearance of the community, and also prevents pollution from entering drainage systems and waterways.
Frontline Worker Discounts
We value the efforts of front line workers, and offer discounts on each of our branded websites.